My Vietnam Blog

A Diary or comments upon experiences and the daily life in Dalat, Vietnam.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Island Trip


We took a boat trip out to three different islands north of Nha Trang. First we came to a small island where the biggest attraction was an Ostrich farm and a Deer farm where we could feed the animals. It was ok but my biggest moment was when i discovered a Dragon fruit Plantation and a lot of Mango trees. It was no fruits now but it was the first time I saw a Dragon tree....even I'm a Horticulturist I didn't know it was a cactus/succulent plant, so that was great.
The next island was big with high mountains. It was also a nice beach. This beach was on the inside and therefore no big waves as at Nha Trang beach so it was easier to bath and swim.
We followed a path upwards and came to a waterfall but no much water at this time of year (dry season). For me it was nice anyway because we walked through the jungle with so dense forests and bushes that it was almost impossible to walk outside the path. The main vegetation was small leafed Ficus trees, like Ficus Benjamina.
It was quite a few small islands around and most of them uninhabited with some nice beaches with absolutely no people.
The last isalnd we visited was Monkey Island with a lot of small monkeys everywhere which we could feed. They were quite naughty as monkeys are so it was best to look after your things. They also had a performance with dogs and monkeys which was quite funny.
It was nice to be out on the sea for a whole day with a lot of fresh air and feeling the scent of salty water again.

3 Comments:

At 2:52 pm, Blogger admin said...

Hi dad!

Sounds like a fun and exciting trip! I arrived in my office as usual 20 minutes ago. The coffee is brewing and outside it's 10 below zero or something. Cold!

Today's good news: My car is finally fixed (the mechanic just called me) after having been repaired on by three different mechanics. Since the end of august!

It was the brain! A small box. A new one would cost my golden tooth, but I obtained a used box for SEK 2,000. Praise God! :)

Check out www.believethesign.com

 
At 2:52 pm, Blogger admin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:52 pm, Blogger admin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home